On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 03:48:07PM +0900, Bill Kelly wrote:
> From what I've read, it seems like the Berkeley DB might fit the
> bill; although I'm a little worried I couldn't find the cost of
> a commercial license listed anywhere on the website.

If you need it for a software product you will sell, then ask them - they'll
happily discuss pricing. BDB is used in many embedded applications, so I
don't expect it would be prohibitatively expensive.

Sure, BDB is now owned by Oracle - but then again, even a full Oracle
install is free (for a single process with up to 1GB of RAM and 4GB of
tablespace)

The suggestion someone else made of sqlite3 is a good one, and you can
always put an OR mapping like ActiveRecord in front of it, but clearly
there's an overhead of converting your DB requests into SQL and back again.

Regards,

Brian.