On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 06:30:03AM +0900, Sam Smoot wrote:
> Anyone know of a really solid IPTC Library with Ruby bindings? Ideally
> it would also handle encoding to extended characters to UTF-8 properly.

Wow, 2nd time in a week this has come up.  Check out the previous
thread[1].

I have experimented a bit with Exiv2[2].  My little tests have been
fine, but I have no clue if it handles UTF-8 properly.

ruby-exiv2[3] is a binding to this library and requires exiv2 be already
installed.

enjoy,

-jeremy

[1] - http://groups.google.com/group/ruby-talk-google/browse_frm/thread/7d3a8b26d87a44bd/5f9ccd61f0519916?lnk=gst&q=EXIF&rnum=1#5f9ccd61f0519916
[2] - http://www.exiv2.org/
[3] - http://rubyforge.org/projects/ruby-exiv2/

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org