Tobias Reif wrote:

> If we don't prioritize, and try to implement many things @ once (as
> currently), it will take a long while until we have proper XML support
> in the stdlib.

Oh, I don't know about that.  Many successful OpenSource projects have
numerous people working on all sorts of different things.  In fact, if I'm
working on XPath, it doesn't really help *much* to have a lot of other
people working on it as well.  I'd rather have them doing things like
validating parsers, XMLSchema support, UTF support in Ruby.  This sort of
multi-tasking (or, rather, concurrent processing) can be very powerful, and
I'd argue, make for a better project.

For example, if someone is writing a validating layer on top of REXML, I'd
prefer input from them *now*, so that I can get the functional hooks in
place to support what they need to do as early as possible.

--- SER