On May 15, 10:18 pm, Jg W Mittag <Joerg.Mit... / Web.De> wrote:
> For example, the
> following snippet is a perfectly well-formed and valid HTML document,
> but none of the regexps posted in this thread so far are able to
> correctly parse it:
>
>   <HTML/
>     <HEAD/
>       <TITLE/>/
>       <P/>

Wow. I was all fired up to call you out on this, and ask you what
insane cocaine you were smoking when you main this claim.

I was a web developer for many many years and standards were very,
very important to me. I thought I knew the specs.

And then I ran that by validator.w3.org along with an HTML 4.01 strict
DTD, and - to my utter shock and surprise and horror - it turns out
you were correct.

Thanks for sharing.