On May 15, 11:04 am, Rich Morin <r... / cfcl.com> wrote:
> I've seen no mention of SketchUp in this forum, so it may
> be that many members are unaware of its capabilities and
> promise.  So, here is a brief rundown.

Well, the SketchUp Ruby API not entirely unused by the Ruby community.
For example, I wrote a method for creating geodesic spheres as part of
one Ruby Quiz:
http://phrogz.net/RubyLibs/rdoc/classes/Sketchup/Geodesic.html

That was back before Google bought @Last/SketchUp. I accept that I'm
not representative, though, because I have ex-coworkers now working on
the product, and the Google SketchUp office is right behind my
company's building :)

I'm surprised to learn how few Rubyists there are working at SketchUp,
though.