------art_2605_17697361.1179242639226

It sounds like your environment is probably okay, you said things work from
the command line.  However if Apache is running chroot then it is possible
it can't get to files on the regular filesystem.  Then again the error
message you are getting is coming from yaml.rb which it seems to find
without any trouble.

I suppose it could be an ACL type issue although I haven't used solaris in
years and don't know what equivalent they have.

I'm afraid without seeing the machine I can't be of much more help.  My
suggestion would be to see if the sys admin can help you out.

Sorry.