David Alan Black wrote:

> But if anyone wants to write a validating XML parser in Ruby *now*, please
> don't feel you have to wait :-)

Sure, why not.

But this thread is about XML in the standard lib.

A lot of XML things are currently being written, most lack support for
Unicode, many lack support for well-formedness, etc.
These problems keep us from being able to include XML in the standard lib.

So we try to focus on seeing what the top priorities are, then implement
them properly, then include the in the standard lib.

If we don't prioritize, and try to implement many things @ once (as
currently), it will take a long while until we have proper XML support
in the stdlib.

Tobi

--
Tobias Reif