Dear all,

I am writing to say that I am experiencing the same
problems as Stian - I am even experiencing these problems when
I try to run a very small test application, without
any libraries and gems, that just asks the user for
a string and then repeats it.
I repeatedly posted on this list to get some clue
why this is so, but got no response that solves my
problems ( please help again, Erik!):

 1.) I would like to be able to start an application,
  from a binary, made by tar2rubyscript/rubyscript2exe, that will
  run on (m)any Linux - distribution(s) installed on a i386/i586
  machine (and, separately, on Windows XP), from the following script:

 p 'Please insert some text'
 f.gets
 p 'You typed in:'
 p f.chomp

 If I create the binary under Linux on one machine, this works
 fine, but when I execute it, I always get:

 /bin/sh: /tmp/eee.appl2_linux.2/bin/ruby: cannot execute binary file

 (appl2_linux is the name of my binary).

 2.) I'd like to know how to distribute gems and libraries
 with such a binary executable ( I'd need gsl, FXRuby, mostly),
 maybe all compiled statically....

 Could somebody kindly point me to a tutorial/wiki that describes
 this for the utterly confused ? Of course, I read the manuals
 for tar2rubyscript, and rubyscript2exe, but I couldn't yet find
 anything solving my difficulties in there.

 Thank you for any help.

 Best regards,

 Axel