Dear all,

I am writing to say that I am experiencing the same
problems as Stian - I am even experiencing these problems when
I try to run a very small test application, without
any libraries and gems, that just asks the user for
a string and then repeats it.
I repeatedly posted on this list to get some clue
why this is so, but got no response that solves my
problems ( please help again, Erik!):

1.) I would like to be able to start an application,
from a binary, made by tar2rubyscript/rubyscript2exe, that will
run on (m)any Linux - distribution(s) installed on a i386/i586
machine (and, separately, on Windows XP), from the following script:

p 'Please insert some text'
f.gets
p 'You typed in:'
p f.chomp

If I create the binary under Linux on one machine, this works
fine, but when I execute it, I always get:

/bin/sh: /tmp/eee.appl2_linux.2/bin/ruby: cannot execute binary file

(appl2_linux is the name of my binary).

2.) I'd like to know how to distribute gems and libraries
with such a binary executable ( I'd need gsl, FXRuby, mostly),
maybe all compiled statically....

Could somebody kindly point me to a tutorial/wiki that describes
this for the utterly confused ? Of course, I read the manuals
for tar2rubyscript, and rubyscript2exe, but I couldn't yet find
anything solving my difficulties in there.

Thank you for any help.

Best regards,

Axel