Simon St.Laurent wrote:

[...] I came to Ruby in February, thinking that it
> looked like a great language for dealing with markup.
>
> A variety of issues - especially Unicode support - drove me back to
> Java, where I'm merrily creating my own API for working with XML.

Hi;

I had the same experience; first I was excited about working with
Ruby&XML, then I became frustrated, because of well-formedness and
Unicode issues.

Now we're trying to reach consensus on what are the requirements for
proper XML support in Rubys' standard library; here
   http://www.pinkjuice.com/ruby/xml_stdlib_proposal.txt
I'm trying to reflect the current state of the communitys' opinion.

We're all trying to find the minimal set, and provide steps and
priorities, so we get something good soon, and more good things later.

Could you perhaps review it roughly, and feed back?

What should be changed or included to make Ruby&XML attractive for you
again?

Tobi

--
Tobias Reif