Rob Biedenharn wrote:
>>> so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
>> that I can include the appropriate gmtime adjustment in the query
>> values.
>
> Why do you need to iterate over them?  If these values are already in
> the database, can't you just use:
>
> :conditions => { :some_gmt_datetime_column => a..b }
>
> which becomes a where clause like "some_gmt_datetime_column BETWEEN
> '2007-05-01' AND '2007-05-07'" (or whatever a.to_s(:db) gives)
>
> If this doesn't help, perhaps you could explain your query a bit more
> and where you think the iteration is needed.
>
> -Rob
>
> Rob Biedenharn    http://agileconsultingllc.com
> Rob / AgileConsultingLLC.com

The challenge is that the database is just something I'm reporting off
of and isn't something that I designed or built in Rails so I'm doing a
lot of raw SQL. I did manage to find a way around it by building a date
range off of the time objects, iterating over that, and keeping the time
values constant by building them off of the Time objects as well. Works
well enough for what I'm trying to do!
Thanks for the input!