--pQhZXvAqiZgbeUkD

Alex Fenton:

> The very recent 0.0.40 release upgraded WxRuby to support the latest
> version of WxWidgets (2.8.3), has a lot of widgets and plenty of
> samples. It can probably be considered beta-quality in terms of
> stability. also look at WxSugar, which provides a more ruby-ish
> API to the library.

> Both can be easily installed via rubygems and bundled within
> a standalone app using rubyscript2exe with no external dependencies.

Excuse my hijacking the thread, but maybe my narrowing the field a bit
can be of use to others as well. I=E2=80=99m currently developing a command=
line
app that I might want to wrap in a nice GUI in the future. I=E2=80=99m an U=
buntu
user, so GTK/GNOME is my primary platform; running the app under Windows
would be a nice addition, but not the ultimate goal. I saw GIMP under
Windows and it surely doesn=E2=80=99t look pretty/native, but is usable (i.=
e.,
doesn=E2=80=99t burn my eyes out with how the GTK controls look).

Is my current vision that Ruby-GNOME2 would be a better choice in my
case the right one? (More stable, more documentation, more controls,
the possibility to develop in Glade.)

Is running a Ruby-GNOME2 app under Windows a lot
of hassle, compared to WxSugar + rubyscript2exe?

Thanks a lot for your answers!

-- Shot
--=20
There's a difference between random people with stripy jumpers, and
a respected scientist with a reputation.   -- Steve Kitson, ucam.chat

--pQhZXvAqiZgbeUkD

--pQhZXvAqiZgbeUkD--

Alex Fenton:

> The very recent 0.0.40 release upgraded WxRuby to support the latest
> version of WxWidgets (2.8.3), has a lot of widgets and plenty of
> samples. It can probably be considered beta-quality in terms of
> stability. also look at WxSugar, which provides a more ruby-ish
> API to the library.

> Both can be easily installed via rubygems and bundled within
> a standalone app using rubyscript2exe with no external dependencies.

Excuse my hijacking the thread, but maybe my narrowing the field a bit
can be of use to others as well. I¡Çm currently developing a commandline
app that I might want to wrap in a nice GUI in the future. I¡Çm an Ubuntu
user, so GTK/GNOME is my primary platform; running the app under Windows
would be a nice addition, but not the ultimate goal. I saw GIMP under
Windows and it surely doesn¡Çt look pretty/native, but is usable (i.e.,
doesn¡Çt burn my eyes out with how the GTK controls look).