On May 13, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Robert Dober wrote:

> On 5/13/07, Xavier Noria <fxn / hashref.com> wrote:
>> Just wanted to point out that the original question is why Ruby core
>> changed their mind, not what people think in general about relating
>> String and Symbol. Perhaps the question could be sent to ruby-core as
>> well.
> That is indeed a good idea
>>
>> -- fxn
>>

> Neverheless we are spot on the thread, are we not? And even if we were
> drifiting to a related topic that sometimes gives the best
> discussions.
>
> But maybe our arguments are not convincing?

I think that if a couple of simple arguments make clear both classes
should be unrelated the core team wouldn't even bothered to start
relating them. So I guess it's likely that there's more into it and I
would like to know about it.

> What would you want to discuss then?
>
> I do not feel one should be that rigid about OnTopic OffTopic.
> Well just my 0.02 whatever money you worship.

The discussion itself is OK for me. I just wanted to point out that
the original question has not been answered, otherwise the thread
could engage in talking about what people think in general and forget
it.

-- fxn