On 5/12/07, MichaelCuculich / gmail.com <MichaelCuculich / gmail.com> wrote:
> hello there,
>
> another tutorial i was looking at said to find out what version you
> have installed to type "ruby -v" in the shell - but what exact is the
> shell?  the unix shell?  if i am using windows xp where do i find that
> exactly?

Hi,

You can type 'ruby -v' in at the command prompt.
I think you can find that under Start-Accessories-Command prompt.
I'm on Japanese XP so I'm not sure of the exact English wording they use.

This window will allow you to type DOS commands and run ruby programs, etc.

Harry

--
http://www.kakueki.com/ruby/list.html
A Look into Japanese Ruby List in English