On Sat, 12 May 2007 08:40:43 +0900, "Bill Kelly" <billk / cts.com> wrote:
> If I happen to be calling other routines that aren't written to handle
> exceptions safely, well, yeah, that sucks for me.

That goes for most of core and stdlib, though.  At least in the face of
_asynchronous_ exceptions.  Have a look at Set#replace, for instance.

> But if one method can be written to be safe,

I'm not sure any non-trivial method can be.  Additionally, if we're
dealing with a non-green-threaded case where an exception can be delivered
at any time (not just set scheduling points), it's really not possible
at all.

Rather than my continuing to make bald assertions, though, if you'd like
to provide a code sample I can probably illustrate what I mean.

-mental