On 5/11/07, Vassilis Rizopoulos <damphyr / freemail.gr> wrote:
> I got into using Hoe, my projects were starting to get ou t of control
> and Hoe helps a lot in keeping everything at a sane level.
> I just need a final bit of help with figuring out how to build the
> various gems.
>
> Q1: Why does Hoe add itself as a dependency to the gem and how can I
> remove it?

When a user wants to run tests on your package via "gem check -t" then
Hoe needs to be included as a dependency so your Rakefile is usable by
gem.

Currently there is no way to remove Hoe as a dependency.

> Q2: How to I add gem dependencies in a gem defined with Hoe?

Hoe.new('your_project', '0.0.0') do |proj|
   proj.extra_deps << ['rubyforge', '>= 0.3.1']
   proj.extra_deps << ['xx']
end

Blessings,
TwP