On 5/11/07, Bill Guindon <agorilla / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/11/07, Felipe Contreras <felipe.contreras / gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't want to receive the messages I send, it screws my Gmail display.
> >
> > I have searched everywhere for a way to do that with no luck. I even
> > tried to send a message to ruby-talk-ctl with the #msg command, but I
> > got no reply.
> >
> > Any hints?
>
> It's actually somewhat of a 'feature' of gmail.  Before they added
> that, you only saw the message you sent.  When you see the second
> copy, it's the copy from the list - so it confirms that it actually
> made it to the list.

You know, it annoyed me at first until I recognized it as a ping-back
kind of feature.  Then it still annoyed me, but it at least had a
purpose.

This has come up several times before, there are filter hacks but none
are satisfactory so far.  The best I had would remove both of my
mails, which got really annoying.   Other (sane) filter hacks are
welcome, as it'd be nice to stick it on a wiki page or blog entry so
we can point people at it.