I would like to run jruby on either pure Windows, or Cygwin. This works
fine as long as I
only use the standard library which comes with jruby. I can't make it,
however, search
additional libraries I have put in non-standard places. For example, I
have a Ruby module
placed in ....\SOMEPATH\lib\net\ssh, which I require from my Ruby
program by

  require 'net/ssh'

I guess I have now to set my RUBYLIB environment variable, so that jruby
can resolve the
require statement. I tried several possible variations of how to set
RUBYLIB, but always
get a "no such file to load".

For example under cygwin (bash shell), even a

   cd SOMEPATH # go to the directory containing the library
   RUBYLIB=. jruby MYPROGRAM.rb

or

   RUBYLIB=lib jruby MYPROGRAM.rb

does not find the library. And in a Windows command shell,

  set RUBYLIB=....\SOMEPATH\lib\net\ssh

or, respectively,

  set RUBYLIB=....\SOMEPATH\lib\net\ssh\lib

doesn't make jruby find the library either.

I would already be glad finding a solution for either Windows or Cygwin,
but of
course being able to get it running under both would be even better. I
understand
that doing it for Cygwin is trickier though, because Jruby is based on
Java and
hence doesn't understand Cygwin pathes.

Ronald

--
Ronald Fischer <ronald.fischer / venyon.com>
Phone: +49-89-452133-162