On 11 May 2007, at 09:10, Robert Klemme wrote:

> Sets also come in handy - especially if those lists are large.
>
> Kind regards
>
> 	robert

I would actually need to know what you really want to do :( Let me
explain. In a list you can put different elements in the list with
the same values. Unlike in a hash, where the keys must be unique.

Do you want to remove the elements that are in the same position on
the lists and are equal?

If so I would say:

require 'generator'

list1 = [1,1,2,3,4,6] # => I included the 6 to show what I mean...
list2 = [2,2,3,5,5,6] # => I included the 6 to show what I mean...

def RemoveDupsFromLists ( list1 , list2 )
   lists = SyncEnumerator.new(list1, list2)
   lists.each { |element_list1, element_list2|

     if list1[element_list1] == list2[element_list2]
       list1.delete(element_list1)
       list2.delete(element_list2)
     end
   }