Hi all. First off, be gentle. I imagine what I'm about to present is
pretty amateur, but I've been a programmer for about 6 years and up
until now have gotten away with knowing little about math (real math --
the kind with few numbers and lots of letters and symbols).

But as my interest grows beyond the world of web-based applications, I
find my lack of math is hurting me -- I know a given problem can be
solved with math, but I can't do it with math because I don't know it.
So what I DO do is tell it like a story with objects (which I will
present below). In fact, most of my non-trivial algos read like stories.
They're longer than an equivalent solution in math would be, but I
understand it.

I've observed that most "real" algorithms are heavy with the stuff, and
my eyes glaze over when I see something as simple as solutions to the
Tower of Hanoi.

However, I do think I'm a pretty good at developing object-oriented
programs. I've read the literature from David West and done some
research on Alan Kay. It's becoming easier for me to see systems as
tiny, interrelated objects with few responsibilities, manipulated by a
director.

Anyway, here's my (long) object-oriented version of the ToH. Tell me
what you think. Oh, and if you have suggestions on where someone NOT
interested in going to college can do to learn the math necessary to
start programming "for real,"  please share! Thanks!

Here's the pastie: http://pastie.caboo.se/60604