I've coded up EBCDIC to ASCII translate strings.  Everything is working
fine, except for the greater than symbol.  (In EBCDIC, X'6E').

What is happening is that whenever a > is in the input string, it gets
translated with the character immediately following my '>' in the
TO_STRING.

I've spent a lot of time making sure my characters in the FROM_STRING
and TO_STRING are in the proper order.

I've tried escaping it to no avail.  I looked in the doc index for
special notes about it, and did not see any.  A Google search found
nothing either.

Any ideas?   I can provide the code if needed.

Todd