On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 08:15:05PM +0900, Bil Kleb wrote:
> Here, the 2nd realization of the output, 'stag_pr', 108.02 corresponds
> to the 2nd case and is associated with the 2nd entries in the 'F_x'
> and 'q_r' arrays, 1.12 and 3.89e+8, respectively.

Yeah, that's what explains it best for me.

> >I'm not sure if what I'm assuming
> >about your problem is correct or not, but it intrigues me and I'd like
> >to fiddle with the general problem :-).
>
> The more I explain it, the more I learn about it; so thanks
> for the interest.

I haven't forgotten about this, I have a couple of ways to manage it
with SQLite but how you want to deal with the data after running all the
cases could influence the direction.

You said you want to test for convergence after cases are run?
Basically you want to do some calculations using the inputs and outputs
after each case ( or N cases ) and save those calculations off to the
side until they reach some error/limit etc?  For this do you want to
just record "After case N my running calculations(f,g,h) over the cases run so
far are x,y,z"

That is something like:

    Case    Running calc f, Running calc g, Running calc h
       1        1.0         2.0             3.0
       10       2.0         4.0             9.0

Also, do you do any comparison between experiments?  That is, for one
scenario that you have a few thousand cases for with your inputs that
are jiggled; would you do anything with those results in relation to
some other scenario?  Or are all scenario/experiments isolated?

enjoy,

-jeremy

 Jeremy Hinegardner                              jeremy / hinegardner.org