On 08.05.2007 09:17, xyz wrote:
> In my specific case, I am using instances of Array to hold data in a particular
> format (the array elements are Hash's whose keys are String's of a particular
> format and whose values are Hash's of a particular format). I want to subclass
> Array, add a couple of methods, override a couple of methods, and also use the
> non-overridden methods of Array.

Please note that more often than not it is not a good idea to do this
(creating sub classes of core classes).  Reason: you typically want some
specific operations on the content but if your class *is an* Array you
get all the Array manipulation methods unless you undefine or override
them.  It's typically simpler and cleaner to just make your class *have
an* Array and only provide the interface to the public that you want to
allow.

Kind regards

	robert