Kid Kid wrote:

> Hi, I would like to simulate a Mouse click through Ruby.  Is there a way
> to do this through Ruby?  Does Ruby have any library for simulating
> mouse events. Can someone provide me with some info on this topic.
> Thanks in advance.

KLUDGE:
Write a ruby script that outputs this to a file named Bot.java, runs
javac, then runs the JVM:

import java.awt.AWTException;
import java.awt.Robot;
import java.awt.event.InputEvent;
import java.awt.event.KeyEvent;
class Bot {
    try {
      Robot robot = new Robot();
      robot.mousePress(InputEvent.BUTTON1_MASK);
      robot.mouseRelease(InputEvent.BUTTON1_MASK);
    } catch (AWTException e) {
      e.printStackTrace();
    }
  }
}

Less of a kludge: Find how java.awt.Robot is implemented in C now that
Sun has relased Java as open source.

I hope mouse functionality is part of the standard library in Ruby2.