On Sun, 6 May 2007, Enrique Comba Riepenhausen wrote:

> Hi Geoff,
>
> when developing your Rails application you don't need any web server (until
> it comes to the deployment on your hosting server ;) ).

I know it's not standard Rails procedure, but these days when I deploy
apps I sometimes don't deploy with any sort of a conventional web server
at all.  I've found that I can serve static assets amply fast enough
without it (3500+ small files/second on a commodity 64 bit AMD Linux box),
and I like the simplicity of a system that doesn't incorporate a
traditional web server at all in the request handling chain.

Kirk Haines