> That calls for a drink! (Pours a pint of Guinness...)

hahaha i know! Beers all around....!!!

>> @mainWindow, nil, nil, nil)
> OSX::NSBundle.loadNibNamed_owner ("Prefs", self)

You include a bit of my begin sheet code here, i guess that needs to
stay pretty much as is, just with the load for the actual sheet
changing?

> The key in all this is whether you want your controller object to load
> your
> NIB, or the NIB to create the controller. If you want the former, you
> set
> up the "file's owner" connections. For the latter, you instantiate the
> object in IB, and set up the connections to that instead.

You make an interesting point there - the code that is actually doing
this (or will ultimatly be doing this rather) is in a subclass of
NSWindowController - im guessing I cant instansiate the controller
within IB so i'll have to go for the file owners approach?

How do i set the class as the files owner, do i make it the file owners
delegate connection by dragging the connection in IB?

I havent sat down and tried this 2nd nib version yet, i'll do it tomorow
AM. What you are saying however is that my controller for any given
window can load in the 2nd nib file, then reference itself as the
provider for that sheet with its newly loaded contents?

Cheers sherm