On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Sean Russell wrote:

> I propose changing this behavior so that it returns an
> array of matching elements.  This will allow you to write:
>
>   myel.elements["//blah"].each { |element| ... }
>
> rather than:
>
>   myel.elements.each("//blah") {|element|... }

In one way I like it, its slightly more orthogonal.

In another way I worry about large documents. It would mean that the API
itself specifies that the engine has to slurp the whole document before it
can give you the first element to handle.

With XML being targeted as the way unrelated databases exchange data, we
can look to see some very large streams of data going by...

New Zealand