Evan Light wrote:
> Sorry.  Neglected to provide the literal answer to your question.
> Because of the incorrect placement of "end"s, your definition of
> "scanning" actually occurred within another one of your method
> definitions.  I hadn't tried that before but, unsurprisingly, it has
> the net effect of making your "method within a method" private.

hi,
many thanks !! now I could fix it with your help (there was a further
"end"-mistake in the output routine..) but do you know any tricks or
meassures to avoid these deep nestings while coding or keep track of the
begins and ends of ones code?

--
greets

   	   		                (
	  		                    )
			                   (
			            /\  .-"""-.  /\
			           //\\/  ,,,  \//\\
			           |/\| ,;;;;;, |/\|
			    jgs     \)           (/

one must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a
dancing star