Bob Hutchison wrote:

> There are some clever java parsers doing this kind of thing too (I think
> the first XML parser did something along these lines, but I'm not
> certain). But this isn't what I was getting at. Again, it is only my
> opinion, but an event based parser should be a very high priority for
> Ruby. Without it certain things cannot be done (or rather done remotely
> efficiently). Specifically, the tool I'm working on (similar to an XML
> data binding) would be seriously compromised.

AFAIK, all of the XML parsers available have event-based parsing.  NQXML
allows you to pass a block which is called, in which you can do a
case...end statement to handle the event.  REXML requires you to pass it a
listener, on which event methods are called (start_tag(),
processing_instruction(), etc.).  XMLParser has a similar mechanism.  Just
FYI.

--
--- SER