>> In the initial Apple example code there method is marked as (void) and
>> not an (IBAction), can this method not be called directly?

I actually meant the code that calls the sheet in the first place? In
there example it seems to be marked as void? If you wanted to call the
sheet from a button click for instance im guessing it would need to be
called by an IBAction?

> In IB, double-click the "file's owner" to edit the class definition.
> Choose
> "Classes/Subclass NSObject", and enter the name of your Ruby class.
> Then,
> add the outlet to the class in the "attributes" pane of the inspector
> panel.
> That doesn't actually declare your class or add an outlet to it, it
> simply
> lets IB know about it.

Ok no problem, I understand letting IB know about new objects you create
- however in your example you say by subclassing NSObject it will be
avalible in the file owners connection pane? I thought you normally had
to instansiate any NSObject subclasses? When I drag from file owner to
my pannel i only see the file owner outlets

I have declared the outlet called :connection, so i add my demo NSObject
subclass into IB. Without instansiating my new "demo" object, surley I
cant use anything defined on it as there is no instance from which it
can call?

I feel like we are nearly there, its just getting the sheet to present
itself?

Cheers

Tim