On May 7, 2007, at 10:42 AM, Avdi Grimm wrote:

> On 5/6/07, Ari Brown <ari / aribrown.com> wrote:
>> I know you can write different parts of applications in different
>> languages, so can you write different plugins in different languags?
>
> What do you mean by "plugin"?  The term "plugin" has no single defined
> meaning in the Ruby language,
>
> --
> Avdi

You mean write a plugin for an application? but you want to know if
you can write it in Ruby (instead of  some other language)?
Of course it is possible. It just depends on details. What
application is it you want to make plugins for? Does it have a public
plugin API?
If so, what language is the API for? If it's not Ruby (probably not)
you could use a bridge...