gcarcass wrote:
> Is there any, SIMPLE software that I can use to build GRAPHIC INTERFACES
> for Ruby scripts? a kind of VISUALbasic or REALbasic or even Xcode
> alike?
>
> I know I've asked this before, BUT! I forgot to mention... I'm a graphic
> designer, NOT AˇˇPROGRAMMER! I use Mac not LINUX, so don't know anything
> about compiling and that things. I'm used to double click on icons and
> things "magically happen" Did I made myself clear?
>
> I've browsing many sites that has this "so called" simple applications,
> BUT! is there anything really simple that I don't have to build,
> compile, bind or whatever other "strange" thing?
>
> I really felt in love with RUBY, I think I'm doing very well with it,
> but I would like to apply its power through something else beside
> terminals or pure script. For example I can make a simple yet fully
> functional WordProcessor within hours in RealBasic, I would like to use
> the power of Ruby for handling text in a more "VISUAL WAY".
>
> I'm in a point that would be very frustrating to put my learned
> knowledge about Ruby in the Trash can, help!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.widestudio.org/

WideStudio is an open source, Integrated Development Environment for
desktop applications purely made in Japan. This enables you to develop
GUI applications that can run on Windows95/98/Me/NT/2000/Xp, WindowsCE,
Linux, FreeBSD, SOLARIS, MacOSX(w/X11), BTRON, T-Engine,
mu-CLinux(wo/X11) in various programming languages such as C/C++, Java,
Perl, Ruby, Python,Objective Caml
Since an application is build on MWT(Multi-Platform Widget Toolkit)
which runs on multiple platforms, WideStudio applications are all source
compatible between these platforms. If you developped an application in
C/C++ language, you only need to re-compile the source code to run on a
different platform in as native code.