Enrique Comba Riepenhausen wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> when developing your Rails application you don't need any web server
> (until it comes to the deployment on your hosting server ;) ).
>
> Rails comes with an in-build web server (WEBrick) that you can start
> with "script/server" from your Rails app root directory. But you'll
> still need MySQL though ;)

Actually, *Ruby* comes with WEBrick.

To test deployment, you can use Apache (dunno how easy it is to set that
up with Windows OSes and mod_ruby, I had no luck, but didn't try very
hard), or a UNIX/Linux VM (there are free virtualization tools, like
VMware Server, Innotek's VirtuaBox, MS Virtual PC, the open source
version of Virtuozzo).

--
Phillip "CynicalRyan" Gawlowski
http://cynicalryan.110mb.com/

Eek! That was supposed to be My Special Law, _MY_ special law, I tell
you!

T/