On 5/5/07, Gary Wright <gwtmp01 / mac.com> wrote:

> On May 5, 2007, at 4:47 PM, Robert Dober wrote:
> > Yes but
> >  2 < 10
> > while
> >  2.to_s > 10.to_s
>

> Ah, I was missing the context of 'sorted keys'.
>
> It seems to me that the desire to have sorted keys and
> to also have keys that are not comparable would be
> an indication that something isn't quite right, either
> the design is wrong or there are some bugs to be
> removed.

I agree with you and when it comes to keys being Strings and Symbols I
always try to convert them to symbols anyway (the uniqueness of keys
in a Hash and symbols just seem to fit).

However, not being able to sort arrays of Symbols automatically
bothers me, but this  is maybe slightly OT after all.

Cheers
Robert

--
You see things; and you say Why?