"gregarican" <greg.kujawa / gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1178389416.509513.246570 / n76g2000hsh.googlegroups.com...
> I have read about Sapphire in Steel (I think that's the name)

Ruby In Steel from SapphireSteel Software. Close though ;-)

> which adds Ruby as a plug-in into VS 2005. But does it also allow
> the .NET controls to be used through the same drag and drop style?

Currently we don't support direct Ruby compilation to the CLR. That may
change when MS introduces IronRuby. We have announced a Visual Rails edition
to assist in Rails Web page design (coming in a couple of months) and if you
want to use the VS form designer to interface with Ruby we'll be announcing
something later in the year that may be of interest.

best wishes
Huw Collingbourne

http://www.sapphiresteel.com
Ruby Programming In Visual Studio 2005