On May 6, 2007, at 3:20 AM, Tim Perrett wrote:

>> IIRC NSSelectorFromString is a good old fashioned C function, not a
>> class. *checks to be sure*
>> Yep:
>
> So if its a C function, what does that mean for me using RubyCocoa?
> its
> in the foundation framework so i would have thought I could use it
> with
> the ruby bridge?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim
>
> --

That's not necessarily a problem.
Remember that Cocoa's main language is Objective-C which is a strict
super-set of C. Valid C is valid Objective-C.
RubyCocoa is a bridge to Cocoa.
I haven't used it myself. Cocoa is so big already with lots of vague
docs. It's going to be tough but fun going with RubyCocoa perhaps.
You might want to get the Hillegass book on Cocoa first if you
haven't got it already. If you know what's going on in Cocoa with Obj-
C, then Ruby Cocoa will be a lot easier.