Hi,

This is a general request for comments to all of you who are using REXML.

The current behavior of Element.elements[<xpath>] is to return the first
matching element.  I propose changing this behavior so that it returns an
array of matching elements.  This will allow you to write:

  myel.elements["//blah"].each { |element| ... }

rather than:

  myel.elements.each("//blah") {|element|... }

My reasons for wanting the change are:

1) I was never comfortable with extending "each" to taking an argument in
the first place.  I'll deprecate each(...), but will leave it for backwards
compatibility.

2) I find that I always start to use the first form, then have to rewrite
it to the second.

Thanks.

--- SER