In message <9af0a3a927fa34e4091fb94525048c2c / ruby-forum.com>, gcarcass writes:
>I know I've asked this before, BUT! I forgot to mention... I'm a graphic
>designer, NOT A???PROGRAMMER! I use Mac not LINUX, so don't know anything
>about compiling and that things. I'm used to double click on icons and
>things "magically happen" Did I made myself clear?

Yes.

Why not just learn something?

>I've browsing many sites that has this "so called" simple applications,
>BUT! is there anything really simple that I don't have to build,
>compile, bind or whatever other "strange" thing?

Well, Ruby apps don't require any of that to run.  You just run the
interpreter on them.

>I really felt in love with RUBY, I think I'm doing very well with it,
>but I would like to apply its power through something else beside
>terminals or pure script. For example I can make a simple yet fully
>functional WordProcessor within hours in RealBasic, I would like to use
>the power of Ruby for handling text in a more "VISUAL WAY".

>I'm in a point that would be very frustrating to put my learned
>knowledge about Ruby in the Trash can, help!!!!!!!!!!!

There comes a time when you have to decide whether or not you want to
get serious about an art form.  How would you feel if someone came to
a graphic designer meeting, and explained that he's a programmer, not
an artist, and he doesn't want to have to deal with concepts like
perspective, or framing, or aesthetic appeal?

A few hours or days put into learning a new thing is just about always
worth it.

-s