Hi --

On Sat, 5 May 2007, Gregory Brown wrote:

> On 5/5/07, dblack / wobblini.net <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
>
>> It may be time to try again, in one way or another.
>
> To attempt to make this constructive rather than critical... How can we do
> this?

I was being constructive, just vague :-)  I admit that "one way or
another" isn't a very detailed roadmap.  But that's part of the
problem, for me.  I'm not sure what the roadmap would look like.

> This question has been tumbling around in my local users groups, among
> developers on projects I'm involved with, and in the hallway track at
> conferences I've been to.
>
> How can we kill the stigma?  I think that's our biggest
> responsibility, as it's something that requires our participation.  I
> only fear that it starts way before the open source community in terms
> of social and intellectual development...

Also, it's kind of a self-fulfilling prophecy, or something --
meaning, the idea that technical discourse is of interest only to men
may result in a skewing of the population that then gets compounded
over time.

David