On Tue, 13 Nov 2001, Tobias Reif wrote:
> Bob Hutchison wrote:
> > Not in XML, the order of attributes are specifically unordered -- there can
> > be no meaning to the order.
>
> Where is that specified in the XML spec?

I tried to find that, but alas I found nothing more explicit than this:
 "Note that the order of attribute specifications in a start-tag
  or empty-element tag is not significant."

 http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml#sec-starttags

This bit me once, and I seem to recall reading the same statement is a
slightly more readable document that the XML spec ;-)

I think the problem relates to default attributes... What happens to the
order when you have default values for some attributes and explicit for
others?

None-the-less, most parsers I've used seem to "forget" the order anyway
(and they claim compliance) so any dependance on attribute order is likely
to be a bad idea anyway!

--
<[ Kent Dahl ]>================<[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]>
  )____(stud.techn.;ind.?k.data)||(softwareDeveloper.at(Trustix))_(