Brian Candler wrote:
> On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 01:11:39AM +0900, John Miller wrote:
>> > The problem was that the child process inherited all the Test::Unit
>>
>>       end
>>     end
>>   end
>
> Hmm, that's not what I meant. I meant the full code, complete with test,
> so
> it could be run and seen to fail.
>
> It's hard for me to replicate exactly what you're talking about, since
> IO.popen doesn't return a pid.

io = IO.popen('-', 'w+')
pid = io.pid

Note that 'fork' is not supported in windows, only popen.

I believe I have found where my problem was, and a solution.  The
problem is that my main process was ending after a couple of seconds
worth of tests with the mocked out process and terminate_process threads
still running.  I needed to Thread.join my mock_process thread at the
end of my test.

John Miller