anansi wrote:
> I know this feature from borland's delphi IDE, I think you mean that if
> you type behind an object a dot like: "object." You get a drop down box
> with every possible method for this object. I also couldn't find
> anything which works similar for ruby.

As I understand it, Code Gear (who owns Delphi now) found some ambitious
lads that were working on making a Delphi like interface for Ruby.
Those lads now are working for Code Gear to make Delphi for Ruby.  I
have not seen any screenshots of that but I have played with Delphi for
PhP and that has the features that you reference and all the standard
gizmos that made Delphi so wonderful to use.

In short, hang on as such a thing is incoming.  Just thinking about
Delphi for Ruby gives me a happy!

-Lloyd

There are 10 kinds of people in the world:  those that understand binary
and those that do not.