On 5/4/07, Ivor Paul <ivorpaul / gmail.com> wrote:
> this is awesome - i have the same desire what did you have her code -
> perhaps we can start a thread on what you can get your gf to code... :)

Mine has been working through Chris Pine's learn to program. She enjoys
it, says it is like a puzzle. (wean her off sudoku at least).

THough I think command line programs aren't actually challenging her
enough, but they are time consuming.

You should have seen her face when I fired up IRB and showed her how
to find out what methods a particular instance supports. I just had to
broaden her horizons a bit, so that she doesn't consider CLI to be all
there is to making apps.

It would be a waste with Ruby, where simple short scripts can have
enormous power (Camping, I am looking at you)