------art_40719_13801747.1178273832048

On 5/4/07, Ronny <ro.naldfi.scher / gmail.com> wrote:

> Could someone kindly sketch an example (or point me to a related
> website), how
> to query a MySql database from JRuby?
>
> I guess there are several possibilities available (via JDBC, since
> JRuby is based on
> Java, and maybe using some Ruby library too, since JRuby is intended
> to be compatible
> to Ruby), but I didn't find any documentation for it on the web.
>
> Ronald

Here's an example of accessing a MS-Access database table using JRuby. You
can make the relevant changes for mySQL.

require 'java'
module JavaLang
  include_package "java.lang"
end
module JavaSql
  include_package 'java.sql'
end

begin
  JavaLang::Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver")
  conn  avaSql::DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:odbc:DSN");
  stmt  onn.createStatement
  rs  tmt.executeQuery("select studname from student")
  while (rs.next) do
    puts rs.getString("studname")
  end
  rs.close