CParticle wrote:
> All,
>
> I know this subject has been mention a few time recently but I'll ask
> again and hopefully I'll be specific enough that its new.
>
> I've been using SCITE as my main code editor.  I'm not a developer
> just a sysadmin so for the scripts that I use VBscript and Ruby it
> fills my need and then some.
>
> My needs listed below for the curious and to keep the alternate editor
> suggestions to a minimum
> * Lightweight (smaller is better)
> * Cross platform (I use linux at home)
> * Free
> * Multiple tabs for many open files
> * Handles a fair number of language for syntax highlighting
> * Customizable (color schemes and added shortcuts for svn use)

Almost Komodo editor -- free as in price but not as in speech,
Linux/Windows for sure, and I think MacOS and Solaris, lots of tabs and
language lexical highlighting and fairly customizable. The SVN (and CVS)
interfaces require the paid version, Komodo, which also includes the
other IDE goodies like debuggers.