On 5/1/07, Logan Capaldo <logancapaldo / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/30/07, fkc_email-news @ yahoo dot com <fkchang2000 / gmail.com> wrote:
> >   Is there a std way to do this?
>
> Seems like, since you are already using java, that it would be better to use
> jruby. http://jruby.codehaus.org/

Yes I second that. JRuby has some excellent features, but one of the nicest
for a Java shop is that you can bundle Ruby code in java containers (jar/war).
Which I think would really help the OP, if he wants a convenient way to
organise the Ruby elements under SVN.

Though I have to wonder about about storing the Ruby runtime - thats kind of
overkill isn't it?

OT: This brings me to an issue that I have been pondering for some time:
- what is the minimum (file size) configuration of a Ruby Runtime install?

I recently did a portable apps install of Ruby onto my usb drive, but it was
formatted as FAT so all those little files ended up taking huge amounts of
space (The Ruby Runtime takes over 1.2 GB of the usb drive). Admittedly
there were quite a few gems installed there too.

What can be safely deleted? The RDoc & RI stuff comes to mind (I would
hate to be offline if I needed them .... but RI takes 200MB on its own)