Hi,

It's a quite basic question about rails.. Are you sure you shouldn't
read a book about rails ;-) ?
Moreover, I'm not sure it is the right goup to post about rails, too.

In your view new.rhtml, you have this instruction :

<%= render :partial => 'form' %>

That means you have a "sub-view" named "_form.rhtml".
In this sub view, you should find a line like this :

<%= text_area 'entry', 'news'  %></p>

You could add options to this line like ":cols => nnn" and ":row =>
nnn" to increase the size of this forms area.