On Thu, 03 May 2007 00:40:15 +0900, Phillip Gawlowski wrote:

> zaphod wrote:
>>
>> A news group about "ruby"? As far as I understood your last posting,
>> comp.lang.ruby is not for discussing rails topics.
>
> On my end, it's a mailing list. For others, it is a webforum..

And on my end it is a usenet newsgroup. But as far as I know, even google
makes a difference between usenet and mailinglists or google groups though
they have built various gateways into usenet. And usenet people definitly
do.

> In general, you want to ask Rails questions in the Rails mailinglist, as
> your chances of getting an answer are higher by an order of magnitude.

Yes. But I am searching for a usenet newsgroup for rails because without a
comfortable newsreader I would not read it anyway. But you are probably
the wrong person to ask.

>> The very first entry "general list" is not a news group but a google
>> group, for which I need a google account - or am I wrong and there is a
>> way to use them in my newsreader via nntp?
>
> I have no clue. I use the email feature Google Groups provides. You'd be
> better of to seek for that answer in the Google Groups support.

Again: I am not using google at all. But to get a clue, what I am talking
about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

Regards
Thomas