Stephen:

> On Tue, 01 May 2007 12:53:18 -0500, Stephen Touset wrote:
>
>> I've been writing a multiplatform packaging tool for the company I
>> work
>> for, dubbed "pallet". I recently got the go-ahead to release it on
>> RubyForge under the LGPL, so have spent the past day or so getting it
>> up
>> on there.

*snip*

> Since I didn't include it in the original post, I want to clarify that
> pallet can be used to package software from _any_ language and integrate
> into any build system -- not just Ruby using Rake. Most of the projects
> we
> have at the company I developed this for are written in C built with
> Makefiles or Java build with ant. None of these required any extra
> effort by our developers to package.

This sounds extremely interesting Stephen: I would expect quite a lots
of interst, but there don't seem to be replies on the list. I wonder if
people haven't quite understood what you've released? Is it some kind of
meta package description that can be compiled in to vareious different
kinds of package? Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?

:-)

Cheers,
  Benjohn