On Tue, 01 May 2007 12:53:18 -0500, Stephen Touset wrote:

> I've been writing a multiplatform packaging tool for the company I work
> for, dubbed "pallet". I recently got the go-ahead to release it on
> RubyForge under the LGPL, so have spent the past day or so getting it up
> on there.

As part of this release, I'd like to extend a (limited) offer to
personally package up a few -- maybe five to ten, time-willing -- willing
open source projects. Please reply to this message if you have a project or
library that would benefit from being packaged as a .deb (preferably also
a .gem). Higher-profile projects will be dealt with first.

Since I didn't include it in the original post, I want to clarify that
pallet can be used to package software from _any_ language and integrate
into any build system -- not just Ruby using Rake. Most of the projects we
have at the company I developed this for are written in C built with
Makefiles or Java build with ant. None of these required any extra
effort by our developers to package.

--
Stephen Touset <stephen / touset.org>